The mission of Colorado POST is to establish and maintain standards for peace officer training and certification that are relevant, realistic and responsive to our ever-changing world.
NOTICE to VENDORS CONCERNING TRAINING CLASSES:
Colorado POST does not approve or endorse training vendors or the classes they offer. All Colorado law enforcement agencies determine which training courses are appropriate for their officers and do so independently of Colorado POST. The only exception to this would be certain courses designed to train instructors for law enforcement academies (Instructor Methodology, and specific firearms / driving / arrest control instructor courses). Outside of those academy instructor classes, no law enforcement training is “approved” by Colorado POST, nor is it required to be.
How Do I...
- Find the Colorado Peace Officer Database?
Colorado Peace Officer Database
This Database can be used to verify certification status for any Colorado Peace Officer.
- Find First Responder Suicide Prevention Resources
- Find Peer Support and Mental Health Provider Resources
- Find or Submit Job Posting
- Serve as a Peace Officer
- Locate Documentation
- Submit an Undue Influence on Use of Ketamine Report as an Emergency Medical Services provider?
- Learn about Disqualifying Incidents and Certification Eligibility?