Visit "Where can I get vaccinated" or call 1-877-COVAXCO (1-877-268-2926) for vaccine information.


Certification Inquiries & Officer Complaints

Certification Inquiries

POST may disclose whether an individual is presently certified to any interested party. Without a signed and notarized release form from the officer, that is the only information we may disclose.

If you are an agency Training Coordinator and have a PID for an individual, you may email us at to verify their certification status. You may also use the public-facing Peace Officer Database for this purpose. 

Officer Complaints

POST certifies peace officers, however, we are statutorily limited to revocation of certification for specifically outlined disqualifying incidents. We have no authority to investigate or to impose any other restrictions or punitive action on individual officers or agencies.

Potential Criminal Conduct

If you have a potential criminal conduct complaint about a specific officer, the first step is to contact their supervisor, then internal affairs or the head of the agency. If your concerns aren't satisfied, you may report criminal complaints to the DA’s office for the pertinent judicial district. Please visit the Colorado Judicial Branch page for contact information for your judicial district.

Criminal matters may also be referred to the FBI Public Corruption Unit.

Other Complaints

For complaints concerning non-criminal conduct matters, please contact officer's supervisor, internal affairs, the head of the agency or an independent monitor. A complaint can also be filed with Attorney General's Pattern and Practice unit by using this form and selecting "Governmental Authority." 


For general POST-related questions, please use the following phone number or e-mail:

For other inquiries: